Little doubt then that the Google has become an integral part of most people’s lives. Over the times, the search giant too has enhanced the hottest product in its portfolio. Today, Google search is available in most Indian languages. We are no longer dependent on typing-in to search, we can use our voice too to search. Other than this, there are slew of other tools that make searching on Google lot easier and better. These tools not only help us look for words, phrases, definations and more, but also specifics like currency convertor, calculator and more.
Based on users search patterns and most searched keywords, Google Search can now correct spellings, predict and suggest the new words or phrases to users for example, typing Paneer butter masala will give you suggestion of recipes, ingredients, etc. or searching for a phone name will show features, price, specifications, launch date and more in keyword suggestions.
Here are a few tips and tricks you can use to make your Google search better:
1. Searching for exact word/phrase: Use quotes in the keyword to search with a specific word; example search ‘Black’ formal shirt.
2. Searching for a word/phrase you are not clear about: Use an asterisk within the quotes if you want to search for a song with its lyrics for example “I call your name but you’re * around”
3. Searching for a word with multiple meanings or references: Use minus (-) sign before the word to filter your results; example ‘Samsung -smartphone’. This means you are looking for information related to Samsuing, but not Samsung smartphones.
4. Looking for information on a specific website: Use “site:” function to see the search results from a specific website; example “site: gadgetsnow.com (keyword)”.
5. Looking for old news dating back as far as 100 year ago from newspapers: Use Google news archive.
6. Searching for exact definition/meaning of a word/term: Use the word “DEFINE:” to know the definition of the word; example ‘DEFINE: communication’.
7. Search using your voice: Use the mic icon from the right side of the search bar; example ‘Flip a coin’ or ‘weather’.
8. Search for results related to a particular country/region/time: Use ‘Tools’ option to add filters to your search; example search ‘OnePlus 6’ and apply the time filter ‘past 24 hours’.
9. Want to perform a search in front of kids or family: Use ‘Safe Search’ feature to filter all the objectionable content from your search; example ‘Turn on Safe’ search before performing any search.
10. Looking for flight details: Use Google Flights directly from Google search; example open google.com and click on more option and select ‘Flights’, now enter the details.